Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time check.

I think I will try to post all the work I do as a check for myself to see what time is really involved.  Just finished 43 minutes cleaning skimmer, 50 gallon water change, replacing broken screws on skimmer, adding 500 ml B-Ionic alk and Ca, and added 100ml of kalk to kalk reactor.  Did an interesting unofficial test.  Checked pH at last kalk reactor refill to be 12.4 and expected it would last a week as I usually add 1 cup of calcium hydroxide which always seemed to me to be excessive but that's the way I wanted it, but the last addition was on the 21st and today the pH is only 11.8 so it didn't even last 4 days!  Wow, what a surprise.  I'll try two cups next week.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought of using an automated water changer like the Genesis Renew? I think it would be perfect for your system: http://bit.ly/gGgpNf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reggie,

    Thanks for checking the blog! I've never really considered an auto water changer because of my fear of all things "auto" and electric, but maybe it's time for me to reconsider. The Renew unit certainly looks to be a quality piece of equipment. Thanks for the link.


    Joe

    P.S. Look for an email about the frag.

    ReplyDelete