Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's Always Something

Today's it's always something was broken coral.  The Damsels have been doing some strange territorial dancing and knocked down the recovering coral frag and the zoos ate away at the body of the montipora so much that it actually fell over under it's own weight.  I tried to fix the monti back in place, but no luck then I tried to fix the fallen frag and it took me about 5 tries to get the glue to stick.  The whole endeavor cost me about 30 minutes of time . . .  it's always something . . .  the good news is because my tank is so low and open I just reached in and fixed everything.  No moving fixtures, no bringing in a ladder, no bending over the top of the tank, just nice and simple reach and fix.  Oh and I almost forgot this morning I found that the Deltec stirrer was stuck.  The extra kalk powder I added gummed up the rotating arm so I had to dump it out and put in the normal one cup.  Looks like the kalk stirrer is going to become a bi-weekly chore (see earlier post on pH study in the kalk stirrer) . . . it's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment