Thursday, February 2, 2012

Water change day.

Did a sump vacuum, rock rinse, and water change today.  2.5 hours.  Using ESV salt now instead of Coralife, and it mixes much faster and clearer, not that that means anything by itself, but there it is . . .

The Tubbs Blue Zoo rock has fully recovered with all polyps open.  Took about 1 month.  After a month of being closed up I was certain it was a goner, but here again patience and care paid off.  On the flip side, one of my stylo's fell over after I tried to move it into an area of lower light.  I left it at the top of the tank with high flow for about 6 months and it did grow, but it still hasn't gotten that deep pink with hints of purple that it had in Rick Souta's tank in Oregon.  We'll see if the new location is any better.  Possible it's like the purple acropora nana which doesn't really show it's best color until the colony grows fairly large.

Off to work tomorrow and this time I have to leave early so got to get everything done tonight.  Not gonna get to the skimmer this week, but it really doesn't look that bad so I think I'm o.k. waiting 'til next Tuesday.  Really want to get a web cam for my tank.  I'm hoping once I have Verizon FIOS installed I can try their home monitoring system!


That's it for today,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment